Sunday, January 22, 2017

Set the Table 2017 | Week 3

Welcome back my little unicorns - It's Sunday Fun Day!

  • Here's the STORY behind my #SettheTable2017 food adventures with Pure Barre Kildeer
  • Each Sunday meal plan post begins with a picture recap of the week before (Who knows what may have happened to the plan!) followed by the upcoming week's game plan. 
  • #CatchmyGrit on my Instagram stories throughout the week to capture the fun, the food and the family table reactions (good and bad) - See you there!


This meal was "off the cuff" and totally NOT planned. I took out the pot of pureed leftover White Bean and Bacon soup, diced up leftover chicken and dumped about 1 cup of uncooked noodles into the pot for an hour at 350 degrees. Chris especially loved it:)



I added three portabella mushrooms and an onion to the 1 lb of grass fed beef - nobody had a clue and it was so good.



My No Bake Chocolate Chip "Fastballs" didn't last very long in the fridge this week:)


Link back to week #2's meal plan recipes here.

Up This Week:
*Note: The listed/linked recipe name corresponds to the Jamie Oliver Ultimate Recipes App (unless otherwise specified) to help me stay organized; However, the actual link may be different IF I was unable to find his app recipe online (which sometimes happens).

Tray-baked Chicken Dinner (I didn't make it last week and it's a favorite!)

Meatless Weekday - EASY Pasta, Parm and Peas (PPP - Another dish I didn't get to last week...)

  • Make pasta and garnish with salt n pepper, parmesan cheese and organic butter.
  • Toss in as many steamed frozen peas as you want.
*Here is a handy conversion link for the online euro measurements (the app uses USA measurements).
*If possible, buy antibiotic free meat (Here's why I try to know where my meat is coming from).
*Use the EWG "Clean Fifteen + Dirty Dozen produce guidelines to save money + reduce the pesticides and herbicides on your plate.
*Avoid artificial colors and preservatives - Check your labels, grocery stores have clean brands for you and your family.


To the Mullies we go...
xoxoL

ps

Here are a few awesome items I used in my "fastballs" this week:


Found at Target. Love your guts.


Local creamed cinnamon honey from Leiders.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think....