Monday, September 11, 2017

Set the Table 2017 | Week 36




Make me this week:
Creamy Pineapple and Coconut Smoothie Recipe Image + link from kimberlysnyder.com.

This little ditty is going into my blender tonight for my extended Florida family table!! We are hosting friends who came up to the Diamond to ride out Hurricane Irma and I cannot wait for us all to sit down together at the table:)

Enjoy this new article that just popped up on my Twitter feed:

Will the Gut-Brain Connection Revolutionize Wellness?

Yes.

Yes, it will!

***************************

Week 36's Game Plan:
I've been averaging 1 out of 3 planned meals at the plate lately. Hey, I'll take a 300 batting average any week... Cheers to upping my average...


  • Taco Tuesday
  • Make your own pasta bowl night (toppings galore!) - I'm making this one up...


Wrap it UP with last week's action:



I am so excited to use this garlic scape powder! Found at the Libertyville Farmer's Market at the Garlic Underground Farm booth!


I really love this Sizzling Seared Scallops Recipe from Jamie's new cookbook. I changed up the cooking method and finished the dish slightly different from what he did and I'm really happy with how it turned out. For example, I cooked the frozen potatoes in the reserved hot potato water... it worked like a charm!!!


The scallops needed more searage... but boy did they still turn out yummy! I cooked the bacon on this pan in the oven first (400 degrees for 20 minutes), then smashed and tossed the boiled potatoes into the bacon drippings and seasoned everything with salt, pepper and garlic/truffle salt. A little Irish cheddar on the spuds too. So easy.


Comfort food hits the spot.


Mac and Chris were at Lacrosse practice when Tommy, Abbie and I sat down together. Abs & Tom struggled. Abs finished the peas and bacon and had one bite of the scallops and potatoes (those two tastes are just not her thang yet). Tommy ended up eating most of his plate. I had to run to pitching lessons so I missed the two chow hounds who came home later and LOVED the dinner. They want me to make it again (with more peas and bacon please) ASAP.

*Dearest Sue, I have to give you a big shoutout for the suggestion you gave me when my eaters are less.than.enthusiastic.eaters at the table:

"It's just not your night."

"And I'll make something special for your night soon."

It really really works. Thanks babe.


We went off to Indy again this past weekend! Totally in LOVE with Chimmie's chalkboard wall in her dining room... This was my first bowl of Chili and I cannot WAIT until Fall weather and more crock pots of goodness:)




Don't blink.

It all starts at home plate.

To the Mullies we go...
xoxoL



ps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think....