Sunday, June 4, 2017

Set the Table 2017 | Week 22



An Easy Summer Pasta n Crab Salad

1 package pasta cooked and drained (linguini works really nice too)
1 8 oz package grape tomatoes sliced in half
1 handful fresh basil leaves 
1 can real crab meat (or as much as you want)
1 large lemon - juice + zest
1/2 tsp each sea salt and pepper (add more to taste)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (eyeballed)

Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta to package directions or "el dente." Drain and rinse pasta under cool water to stop pasta from cooking. Add the pasta to a large bowl. Zest the lemon over the pasta and add all of its juice. Add the sliced tomatoes. Chiffonade the fresh basil (Not sure how to chiffonade? <-- Just click the link.) Drain the water from the crab meat and add to the bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over everything, add salt and pepper. Toss and taste. Add a pinch, or two or three more of anything you want! 

***************
  • Each #SettheTable2017 post begins with a featured recipe(s) + upcoming week's game plan followed by a picture diary of last week's chaos. I sign off every post with a handy reference list of my favorite foodie articles (some new, some repeated). 
  • #CatchmyGrit on my Instagram throughout the week to capture the fun, the food and the family table reactions (good and bad). C'est la vie, I selfy-ishly light it UP in pics and videos to keep truckin! 
  • New to this series? Here's the STORY behind my #SettheTable2017 food adventures with Pure Barre Kildeer.
  • My two go to's for meal planning organization (the grocery list app features are rad): 1. Jamie's Ultimate Recipes App 2. Sarah's My New Roots Recipe App 

Week 22's Game plan:

  • I'll be in Indiana for the week, So I have NO PLAN! Whoooop Whoooop! Looking forward to sharing what I cook up on vacation with my "Chimmie" Laura!!

Wrap it UP with last week's action! 



Crazy fun way to decorate + eat waffles - 'Merica.


Summer Farmer's markets here we come!



Prairie Wind Family Farms... You're CSA is the BOMB!


Cheers - Daddy picked up a new lake toy. He drove 10 hours in one day to get it from Michigan. Hello picnics on the Diamond on our new sweet RAFT!


Upside down taco dinner. My cousin Lauren and her daughter Jessie came in from Wisconsin this weekend to learn how to pitch!


In fastpitch, the most important pitch is the change up

Who knew this would continue to be the most important parallel in my life as a Mom/Food Ambassador.

Slow the heck down

It's not possible every day, nor every night at the family table. 

We live in a fast pitch world.

But boy ooooooh boy - When I take the time to be mindful on the mound and throw some sweet change ups... When I cook some meals from scratch... It shifts everything

It's just takes a little practice to throw them more often.

You are an athlete. 

Cook like one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think....