Friday, May 17, 2013

HAPPY HAPPY FOOD REVOLUTION DAY!!!!


it's finally here!!!  oh oh oh oh oh oh oh  IT'S FOOD REVOLUTION DAY!!!!!!!!!  


we definitely were not eating these a year ago today.


how funny is this!?  abbie decided to have a contest to see who could drink their smoothie quicker...  rest assured, he was very proud of himself when he finished before me about 10 minutes later:)

happy food revolution day smoothie
makes 3 small juice glasses
2-3 organic kale leaves (stems removed)
1/2 organic apple
1/2 organic pear
juice from 1/2 organic lemon
1/2 organic orange
1 organic banana (frozen slices work the best!!)
water

put it all in a magic bullet/blender/vitamix and give it a whirl.  i used my magic bullet, so up the quantities for more servings!!

i can't wait to see you online at 1pm chicago time for our super awesome food revolution day google hangout and later on at 5:30pm for our community picnic!

let's rock it out today - global style!!!!


xoxo

6 comments:

  1. IT'S HEEERRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so proud of you, CANNOT wait to see you online at one! xoxoxo, bunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh bunny, the weekend was so much fun:) So happy I have you to share it with!!!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I laughed out loud at that pic of Abby and Tommy.. Tommy's face is priceless!! So happy for you and this big day.. I've always admired about you that once you get something up your butt you make it happen so I think it was meant to be that this whole thing happened for you, it takes a very special person to make something like this (that most people really don't want to hear) so huge!! Hats off to you Miss L!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey! Your words blew me away. Thank you so much for saying them and how lucky am I to have a girlfriend like you:)?! And yes, don't you love tommy's face!?!? I can just hear him in the picture!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hello Lindsey,

    I was very excited to read an article in the "Lake County Journal" called Food Revolution incites passion for home-cooked meals this morning. I think you and I share the same passion for helping people understand how food affects their health. Let me introduce myself, my name is Michele Holmes and I am the director of a food pantry/clothing sharing center in Lake Villa. The sharing center is called “Luke 3:11 Sharing Center" and we are located on the property of Renew Community Church. Our center opened in July 2012 and we are already sharing food and clothing to over 700 people a month. What makes our sharing center special is, we distributes fresh produce that we pick up from Costco and Jewel to our guest and we promote healthy eating. We are one of the few food pantries in Lake County that will take perishable food. Our sharing center also sits on 6 acres and over this last year our old produce has helped raised chickens, rabbits, pigs, and a cow that gave us fresh milk. One of our goals is to start offering educational food classes to our guest and people in the community. I was hoping you or Food Revolution would be able to help us in this area; or maybe we are meant to help you in some way....... I am not sure how, but that’s okay because we are all learning here as we go.

    I was not sure how to contact you directly, so I thought I would start here:)

    Sincerely,
    Michele Holmes

    If you would like to see the sharing center in action; we are open the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month (June 14th, and 28th) from 12:00 – 3:00.
    Luke 3:11 Sharing Center
    7510 N. Fairfield Rd. Lake Villa, Il. 60046




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele! Thank you so much for contacting me!!! I would love to talk to you and get the Food Revolution involved somehow with the Sharing Center! So excited you reached out! My email is lindseyshifley@me.com! I can't wait to chat!!

      Delete

Tell me what you think....