Thursday, October 4, 2012

chicken with apples


we had a very romantic family dinner last night.

my inspo came from chicken and apples from the wellness mama




notes:

i diced up the onions to camouflage them to look like apples.  
it totally worked, hahahahah (insert evil laugh).
i added probably around 3/4 c white wine at the end and let it all simmer for about 10-15 minutes.  
oh baby it was good.
i served it with noodles and i  also chopped up a fresh pineapple for a side.


so the evoo, sesame oil and seeds were for the broccoli that i cooked up.  
that shit got eaten so fast that i didn't even take a picture.  
my friend christina shared this little gem with me.  thank you my cooking friend!!!

christina's broccoli is the best mom!

fresh broccoli chopped up
toss with evoo, s&p
throw a few garlic cloves in the pan
cook at 400 degrees for 10 min, toss, add another 5 min
take out and sprinkle some sesame oil & seeds on top - cook another minute or so...

my kids will not let me make it any other way now.  


mac set the table for me.  
he wanted to make it a restaurant.  
so he made place cards and a menu.


welcome to mat...each seat cost: 7.99 + $1.70 dollars off.


now we must learn how to put napkins in our laps.


 cheers mac!  thank you my little helper:)  

maybe you'll get into the food biz someday.  

his food promises to be "gas free".


4 comments:

  1. gotta try Christina's broccoli, we love plain steamed broc. at our house, but willing to try something new!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think....