Sunday, March 4, 2018

Set the Table 2018 | Week 8



Mung Beans.
Such a weird name.

I had never heard of them before diving into my studies in Dynamic Eating Psychology + Ayurvedic Nutrition. I bought them in bulk early this week and thought I'd experiment with them to kick off my 5th module of education at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating. I am so excited to begin cooking with them and to learn more about how Mung Beans can make you feel great.

I serendipitously found Sarah Britton's blog about Kichadi, a super comforting, warm "one pot wonder" that our digestive system simply adores. Renewal in a bowl.


This "Realistic Reset" is just what I am looking for to kick off March (when it really still feels like Winter) for my best.Spring.YET.



********************************************************************************
  • Each #SettheTable2018 post features a delicious family table recipe(s) to inspire your meal planning for the week.  
  • #CatchmyGrit on Instagram to follow the fun, the food and the family table reactions (good and bad) leading up to each weekend post. C'est la vie, I selfy-ishly light it UP in pics, videos and Instastories to keep truckin! 
  • New to this series? Revisit my favorite #SettheTable2017 recipe links here. Cheers to another year of sharing my crazy food adventures with Pure Barre Kildeer!  




I wonder if Mr Chris would do a kichadi reset with me (maybe if it's just for a day)?

To the Mullies we go... 
xoxoL



ps

My Top 11 #SettheTable2018 Topics:
  1. A Scientist Explores the Mysteries of the Gut Brain Connection
  2. Will the Gut-Brain Connection Revolutionize Wellness?
  3. Come to the table - Join Slow Food USA!
  4. Stay on top of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Campaign.
  5. Robyn O'Brien: Why Our Food Is Making Us Sick.
  6. Kimbal Musk Wants to Reengineer the American Stomach | Why Food is the New Internet. 
  7. What is Organic Pasture Raised Chicken Good for?
  8. Shop with EWG "Clean Fifteen + Dirty Dozen" produce guidelines. Why? New research suggests pesticides/herbicides are linked to antibiotic resistance. Protect your gut microbiome + mycobiome.
  9. Avoid artificial colors and preservatives to keep your "second brain" happy + healthy.
  10. Why, When and How to Eat Wheat.
  11. Why do Some People do well as Vegans and Vegetarians (Clues from the Magical World of Genetics).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think....