Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Soffritto Sister Diaries | A Hero Center + Marketplace Tour
















Ohhhhhhhhh I can only imagine what these beautiful Fuller Center of Lake County Community Gardens look like now! 

Terri and I went to visit Executive Director Yvette Ewing a few weeks ago and got a grand tour of the facilities that I've been talking about for the past few months. After meeting her at the annual Farmer's Market kick off, Yvette drove us out to the Manna Garden (it was my first time out too!) and we were able to snap some pictures and hear first hand how the initiative continues to impact the community. Check out this quick information video on the Manna Garden - Terri and I were so inspired and quite overwhelmed at the enormous impact of the combined efforts between Fuller Center's Hero Project and the Lutheran Church Charities

Here is the fun quickie video we shot together in the garden. 


Yvette's Hero Kitchen is really shaping up!!! I love keeping up with the progress (Check out Yvette's most recent Facebook post on the new kitchen floor) and I'm looking forward to getting out there again soon (the kids are back in school, yea!) to see the evolution in person. 

I am so honored to be considered a Wellness Hero (anyone can volunteer their time & talents!) and I cannot wait to jump in and help teach food education at the Hero Kitchen someday!

Without a doubt, passion and vision is abundant at the Fuller Center and it's all because of YOU Yvette!! Thank you for fighting for food education in Lake County!

To the mullies we go,
xoxoL


ps
Oh Terri I LOVE the blog you wrote about your trip here yesterday on Jamie Magazine! I miss you so freakin much... it's sure fun to be on the line with you. Love you! 
Read her beautiful blog post here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think....