Thursday, June 18, 2015

#52triespics | Week 24


Hop on over to read this week's #52tries diary post HERE.

Mushroom and Beef Tacos

1 onion
1 lb grass fed beef (organic if I can find it)
2 cartons of mushrooms wiped clean and finely minced or food processed
chili powder (about 2 T)
cumin
paprika
curry powder
sea salt + pepper
fresh cilantro
honey

Sautee onion low and slow until soft and just about to caramelize. Add in ground beef and cook half way. Add in mushrooms and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until cooked through. I challenge you dear reader to add the seasonings to your liking. I put more chili powder in than anything else. Shake in seasonings and taste frequently until you get it just how you like it. I love adding in honey or coconut sugar... just a touch of sweetness with your taco spice!


Pork Scallopini

I breaded my pork cutlets by heart, inspired by the way The Pollan Family Table makes Chicken Parmesan. Here's what I did.

5 high welfare pork scallopini cutlets

1.5 c homemade gf bread crumbs (I save a bunch of bread butts, lay them out on a pan to get stale, and wiz them up fine in my food processor)
1/2 c parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast if you're cutting out dairy)
21 spice blend (Trader Joe's or Costco seasoning staple)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Mix it all up in a shallow bowl.

3 eggs
splash of milk (diary, almond or rice)
1 T gf flour
Mix up in another shallow bowl.

Dredge your cutlets in the egg mixture, then cover them with the breadcrumb mixture. Fry them up in oil of choice (I try to use oils with a higher flashpoints. Read about why HERE). I love my cast iron pans!

Cauliflower Tacos

To be continued... I'm still 52tries-ing on this one:)

xoxoL






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think....