Sunday, August 13, 2017

Set the Table 2017 | Week 32


Totally inspired by Kimberly Snyder's Mixed Veggie and Kelp Noodle Salad this week! Her recipes ROCK. My girlfriend Laura aka "chimmie" turned me on to her goodness years ago and I'm circling back to recharge home plate.

This week, I am going to follow her basic recipe & add zucchini noodles and some other vege from my garden (above) +  Radical Root Farm!

***************************
  • Each #SettheTable2017 post begins with a featured recipe(s) + upcoming week's game plan followed by a picture diary of last week's chaos. I sign off every post with a handy reference list of my favorite foodie articles (some new, some repeated). 
  • #CatchmyGrit on my Instagram throughout the week to capture the fun, the food and the family table reactions (good and bad). C'est la vie, I selfy-ishly light it UP in pics and videos to keep truckin! 
  • New to this series? Here's the STORY behind my #SettheTable2017 food adventures with Pure Barre Kildeer.
  • My go to's for meal planning organization (the grocery list app features are rad): 1. Jamie's Ultimate Recipes App 2. Sarah's My New Roots Recipe App 3. Rachael Ray's Week in a Day Cookbook 4. KimberlySnyder.com

Week 32's Game Plan:


  • Taco Tuesday
  • Soffritto Lasagna (Might make the cashew basil cheese from this recipe)


Wrap it UP with last week's action:



Tommy and my Jamaican Jerk Sauce mise en place! Mise en place = (MEEZ ahn plahs) which is a French term for having "all your ingredients measured, cut, peeled, sliced, grated, etc. before you start cooking. Pans are prepared. Mixing bowls, tools and equipment set out. It is a technique chefs use to assemble meals so quickly and effortlessly."

Now if I could just do this every time we cook...


Tommy was such a huge helper. We worked on his knife safety skills:)


And my pan still has some burned jerk residue = A little love left in my pot!





One pot with more scotch bonnet peppers than the other for some who like it HOT.

Mac LOVED the rice. I'll be making that side again for sure!


Thanks for making the slaw Jenn!



Afterwards, we watched a double header of Games of Thrones with full, happy bellies.

It was a perfect pairing.


Jerk leftovers made into last week's taco night!


Lego Man's fav snack = Green apples + peanut butter.


I can't believe school starts back this week; I'm not sure if I want to cry or jump for joy.

Either way, Summer, please give us another month or two on the Diamond!


It all starts at hOMe plate.


To the Mullies we go...

xoxoL




ps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think....