have you heard about food day 2014?
it's the united states of america coming together to change our diets AND our food policies.
it's all about real food. just food.
check out these wonderful food day resources, infographics, fact sheets, curriculum guides and so much more to help you and yours dig in.
here's what's cookin good lookin:
oct 24 @ 4:30pm - 7:30pm: revolutionize your family meal plan - community recipe sharing event
ambassador christina erickson and i are putting on a FREE community shin dig and we sure hope you come join us!
just click the link above, clear your calendar and RSVP. i simply can't decide what family friendly recipe to share!!!! what made from scratch dish sends your family into heaven? entrees, soups, sides, desserts, anything goes... with one caveat: please hold the fake food: artificial color, preservatives and sweeteners! there will be a fun halloween craft for the kids, lots of food to munch on (if you COME!) and we'll share our best tips and tricks for meal planning and even put on a rad food demo or two for you!
we are so thrilled to partner with fremont township for this wonderful community event.
big thanks go out to our fremont township supervisor, diana o'kelly! i also have to give a big shout out to heather manning williams for writing this wonderful article promoting our event in the little lake county website!
can't make it out to us in lake county?
DO YOU LIVE IN CHICAGO AND WANT TO CELEBRATE FOOD DAY!!?!?!?!?!?!
well you have an even bigger party happening!!! the amazing chicago food day team is putting on quite an amazing weeklong series of events. check this link out to find out about all the dates/times/locations of events happening at daily plaza, 2 north riverside plaza and tons of other local participating retailers! i'm especially thrilled about the depaul food patriots screening on oct 16th and the free online screening of food patriots on oct 23rd!
do you like cash?
do you like gift cards?
on oct 22 & 23, join chicago ambassador sarvin haghighi and our ground team for the first ever chicago food day hidden cash hunt!!
how does it work?
1. get your butts downtown on oct 22 & 23rd.
2. follow @hiddencashchi1 & @FoodDayCHI. we'll be tweeting out pictures and clues so that you can find a lucky food day 2014 envelope packed full of goodies just for you!!
3. spread the word bird!
i can't hardly wait for this new adventure... i'm going to need some compfy gym shoes cuz we'll be putting some mileage on...
how are YOU going to celebrate food day?
cheers to making a few more messes in our kitchen every week...
to inviting our kids in the kitchen with us...
to eating and cooking more real food...
to finding our balance...
**thank you foodday.org for including me in your food day 2014 coordinated blogger event!**
wet your whistle with these other lovely food day blog authors and articles!
- · Celebrate Food Day! by Kath, RD posted on Kath Eats Real Food
- · When it Comes to Our Kids' Diets, Let's Get Real by Gillean Barkyoumb, MS, RDN posted on Food & Nutrition
- · Celebrating Food Day 2014 by Barbara posted on Morning Berries
- · Food Day 2014 blog post by Kenan Hill posted on Kitchen 1204
- · Healthy Food for School Food Day blog post by Sally posted on Real Mom Nutrition
- · Food Day 2014 - join the fun in Mundelein and Chicago!!! by Lindsey Shifley posted on to the mullies…
- · Happy Food Day (Week) from the Land of Chocolate and Fries by Janina Grabs posted on Food (Policy) For Thought
- · Why Organic Matters blog post by Andy Bellatti, MS RD posted on Eating Rules
- · The True Cost of Your Food by Nancy Chen posted on Spoon University
- · Teach Kids to Cook, Eat and Lead Healthier Lives by Katherine Baker posted on Spoon University
- · Millennials May Be “Foodies” But Are They Food Illiterate? by Zoe Holland posted on Spoon University
- · Arugula, Walnut, and Bleu Cheese Stuffed Portobellos and Food Day by Justin Fox Burks posted on The Chubby Vegetarian
- · Food Day blog post posted on Sankofa Speaks Blog
- · It’s Food Day blog post posted by National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
- · The Future of Heritage Breeding by Eliza MacLean posted on Barnraiser
- · 7 Things I Wish I Knew Before Starting a Food Company by Lisa Curtis posted on Barnraiser
- · 5 Reasons to Savor Specialty Coffee This Food Day by Mark Inman posted on Barnraiser
- · The Future of School Gardens by Benjamin Eichorn posted on Barnraiser
- · Food Day 2014: The Future of Food, collection edited by Barnraiser
- · Waste Not, Want Not: How Ordinary Home Cooks Can Help Prevent World Hunger; Autumn’s Harvest and Food Day; Waste Not, Want Not Quick Health Saver Tip; Waste Not, Want Not: Quick Dessert Idea; Waste Not, Want Not: Reflections; Waste Not, Want Not Recipe: Ginger Cardamom Green Beans; Waste Not, Want Not: 5 Tricks for Cooking Not Tossing Bitter Foods by Mary Collette Rogers posted on Everyday Good Eating
- · Scantily Clad Photos and Burgers by Denise the Dietitian posted on A Dietitian's Diary: Finding a Healthy Balance