Sunday, November 12, 2017

Set the Table 2017 | Week 45




It's time to SPICE UP your Thanksgiving family table planning!

Spiced Mango and Orange Chutney
Inspired by Emeril Lagassi's Mango Orange Chutney

1 diced red pepper
1 diced onion
1/2 jalapeno minced
1/2 knob fresh ginger minced
1-2 garlic cloves minced
1 small mild red chili pepper
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp Ras el Hanout seasoning
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
1/2 tsp sea salt (salt more to taste)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 large oranges (zest first then slice off pith and segment/dice)
3 cups frozen mango
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup coconut sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine diced red pepper & onions, minced jalapeno & chili, ginger, garlic, curry, ras el hanout, cayenne, sea salt and olive oil in a large bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the pepper and onion soffritto evenly. Roast for 10 minutes. In the meantime, add diced oranges, mangno, vinegar, sugar to a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Remove soffritto from oven, toss, spread evenly again and roast for another 5 minutes.

Once soffritto is finished roasting in the oven, add it all into the simmering mango pot. Simmer gently uncovered for 30-40 minutes and reduce until it becomes nice and thick like jam. Remove from heat, mash down the bigger chunks of mango if needed, let cool and serve. Or store in refrigerator until your big lovely dinner.


Cooking from scratch = Throwing a change up.

I don't do it every night... But ohhhhh when I do, gurrrrrrrrrl is it GOOD.

***************************

    Week 45's Game Plan:


    Wrap it UP with last week's family table action:



    This dinner was off the cuff. I had some dried mushrooms and felt like stretching my table with a meatless pasta dish. I think I was the only one who ate the mushrooms:) Made a little stroganoff sauce with this and it turned out pretty good.




    This One Pan Fabulous Fish is simply Fab. I still can't believe how easy, fast and delicious it was. It's been my most requested recipe off my instagram stories (just direct message me for it and I'll send it to ya). Jamie's meal and method is officially part of my monthly meal repertoire (that's a hard word to spell). 



    I couldn't resist - Our Taco Tuesday matching, cozy slipper shot. 


    Sideways - I turned the leftover mushroom stroganoff into a pot pie:) 


    This is my dear friend and epic sous chef Jenn. She joined me in preparing last night's surprise 28th dinner party last night! I'll be her sous any day.



    Check out this rad charcuterie! Thanks for heading that one up Jenn!


    Surprise Corey!



    Now let's set your birthday TABLE!!!! 
    My friend Allie (aka wife of the year) hired me over 6 months ago to cook a surprise birthday dinner and boy did we have a great time! Go Big Ten! Northwestern all the way...


    My Three Sister's Gazpacho and Succotash Salad has never looked or tasted so good! I'll be sharing this recipe in the coming weeks!



     Grill master Jenn. Gurl, you cooked those to perfection!


    "Porked out waffles" with the lovely spiced mango & orange chutney!
    (My dear Christina, our championship dish lives on and on and on and on... )


    CHEERS!!!!!! I am officially ready for the holiday season!!!!!

    Set the Table.
    It all starts at home plate.


    To the Mullies we go... 
    xoxoL



    ps


    My Top 11 #SettheTable2017 Topics:
    1. Study: Eating Food with Fewer Pesticides Boosts Women's Chances to Conceive.
    2. Will the Gut-Brain Connection Revolutionize Wellness?
    3. Come to the table - Join Slow Food USA!
    4. Stay on TOP of the Global Food Revolution Newsfeed.
    5. Robyn O'Brien: Why Our Food Is Making Us Sick.
    6. Kimbal Musk Wants to Reengineer the American Stomach | Why Food is the New Internet. 
    7. Buy Antibiotic Free and Know the Source of Your Family's Meat.
    8. The EWG "Clean Fifteen + Dirty Dozen produce guidelines helps you save money + reduce the pesticides and herbicides = Antibiotics harmful to our gut microbiome + mycobiome.
    9. Avoid artificial colors and preservatives to keep your gut, your "second brain" happy + healthy.
    10. Why, When and How to Eat Wheat.
    11. Why do Some People do well as Vegans and Vegetarians (Clues from the Magical World of Genetics).

    2 comments:

    1. WOW. that table presentation and the app table with the chalkboard - literally every single detail ... the food looks amazing - you are a CHEF!!! big applause ladycakes!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Feeling that cheffy-ness more every day:) Chef Jen really took charge of the Charcuterie, totally utterly gorgeous and it was totally obliterated. Thank you so much for the sweet complements, everyone was super happy and I must get those recipes to everyone asap! xxxx

        Delete

    Tell me what you think....