Sunday, October 1, 2017

Set the Table 2017 | Week 39


5 Ingredient Breakfast Cookies in less than 20 minutes
Inspired by my friend Christina + a recipe on Pinterest

1 cup quick cooking oats
1 handful mini chocolate chips (I love this brand)
2 large ripe bananas
a pinch of salt
some shakes of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. I think the only ingredient I measure here is the oats. Mash up the bananas in a medium sized bowl. Add everything else and mix thoroughly. It's easy to use a 1-inch ice cream scoop to portion out the cookies onto a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Makes 12 cookies. These cookies are my kids favorite and I leave them out for snack when they get home (IF there are any left after breakfast!) Christina likes to add shredded apples/pears, nuts, raisins, nutmeg to hers and its SOOOO good. Or how about some pumpkin spice to make it nice? Be creative, ask your kids what they want in their cookies and make them your own!








Raw.


Cooked.

***************************

Week 39's Game Plan:

I'm off to Vancouver with my main man:) Whoop Whoop!!! I'm planning on getting a few meals together at the family table and off we go!


  • Taco Tuesday
  • Salmon something?


Wrap it UP with last week's action:





Lift - Tone - Burn - Cook - Eat - Repeat!

  

The Ericksons + Shifley Family table. There's nothing better than cooking + eating with good friends!



Pasta + Greens of all sorts.


Taco Tuesday on our pontoon boat! I love you Mom and Dad!





I still can't feel the sides of my butt.


Leftovers lunch.


CSA Market day with Charlotte at Prairie Wind Family Farms! This apples is the juiciest, sweetest apple crisp I have ever had!!!


Mark's Canadian market bag.


Yesterday, I went solo to a Fulton Market Harvest Festival brunch benefitting the Houston Food Bank and shared a family table with new friends who saved a spot for me! Thank you Nicole and Doug!! We had a BALL. Our table was full of laughter and plenty of GOOD food.


It was super fun talking to James waiting for the one and only Aaron Sanchez! I loved this Huitlacoche crepe with roasted mushrooms, epazote and queso eaxaca. Simply amazeballs:


I was so honored to meet the incredible Chef John Besh and his wife Jen. He cooked up this Louisiana shrimp with crispy rice. It had chayote and okra kimchee under a lovely fried egg:


And BellyQ's Chef Bill Kim brought down the hizouse with these coconut grits and pork shoulder (which melted in my mouth):



Big smiles all around at the Pilot Light Chefs tent during my visit with Kendra, our Community Programs Manager! Thank you to everyone who came out the Fulton Market Harvest Festival this year - Proceeds are going straight to Pilot Light's awesome food education programs! Whoop!


I met these lovely ladies from Flower for Dreams at the festival. I couldn't leave without one of their fresh bouquets... And yes, I sure did walk around the festival like Miss America! 


Inhaling the flowers.

It all starts at home plate.

To the Mullies we go...
xoxoL



ps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think....