Sunday, August 20, 2017

Set the Table 2017 | Week 33


I love two for one deals = A home plate steal!

Whole Jerk Chicken in a Slow Cooker

1 organic whole chicken (innards removed)
6 cups Jamaican Jerk Sauce (or your favorite flavorful Tomato Sauce!)
handful of fresh thyme (stems and leaves intact)

Place chicken in the crock pot. Pour the sauce over the top. Arrange the thyme leaves over the top. Lid and cook on high for 6 hours. 


Baked Noodles with Leftover Jerk and Broccoli

1 package gluten free macaroni noodles (I used this brand) cooked to el dente & drained
1 block Irish grass fed cheddar cheese shredded (reserve a handful or two for the top)
1 cup leftover roasted broccoli
1 cup leftover pulled jerk chicken
2 Tbsp grass fed butter
drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
pinch of sea salt
freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dump the cooked and drained noodles into a large 9x13 in casserole. Throw in the butter and olive oil, mix until noodles are coated. Toss in the chicken, broccoli and most of the cheese and mix. Sprinkle the top with a handful or two of reserved cheese. Bake for 12 minutes or until top is starting to brown ever so slightly.

***************************
  • Each #SettheTable2017 post begins with a featured recipe(s) + upcoming week's game plan followed by a picture diary of last week's chaos. I sign off every post with a handy reference list of my favorite foodie articles (some new, some repeated). 
  • #CatchmyGrit on my Instagram throughout the week to capture the fun, the food and the family table reactions (good and bad). C'est la vie, I selfy-ishly light it UP in pics and videos to keep truckin! 
  • New to this series? Here's the STORY behind my #SettheTable2017 food adventures with Pure Barre Kildeer.
  • My go to's for meal planning organization (the grocery list app features are rad): 1. Jamie's Ultimate Recipes App 2. Sarah's My New Roots Recipe App 3. Rachael Ray's Week in a Day Cookbook 4. KimberlySnyder.com

Week 33's Game Plan:






Wrap it UP with last week's action:




Kimberly's Kelp Salad filled me up all week!




I have always shucked my corn and boiled it. I have the best childhood food memories of doing this on the front porch with my sister. I have eaten corn at restaurants, state fairs and at other people's homes prepared differently of course. For whatever reason, I have never strayed from boiling the corn. So when Lucas and Cathleen came over and he told me to cook it this way... It was like winning a million dollars.

The little things in life = Trying cooking corn in its husk for the first time. Here is the Tyler Florence recipe Lucas passed down to me:)



My friend Jenn came over and made her first batch of cashew parmesan cheese. It tasted so good on the omelettes I made for lunch!


My Chimmie came in town again from Indiana for one last Summer weekend on the Diamond this weekend!



And of course I made that fabulous corn on the cob again!


It was so fun watching the kids shuck the corn...


Batter UP!


 It all starts at home plate.


To the Mullies we go...

xoxoL




ps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think....