Monday, February 18, 2013

soup for dwight k. schrute




i really went for it this time.  i found this recipe online, realized i had every s.i.n.g.l.e ingredient and just had to make it in honor of our beloved show's last season and favorite character.  


dwight, this soup's for you dude.  

schrute beet and fennel soup from the kitchn (i lovingly renamed it).
i followed this recipe to a T.


a very simple ingredient list:  garlic, onion, vegetable stock, oranges, beets and fennel.


what is fennel anyway?  people tend to love it or hate it.  i chopped up my fennel bulbs and large beet (dwight high fived me on the sheer size) before i realized i didn't take a bragging picture...oops.


roasted to perfection.  i could have eaten the entire tray...




simmering loveliness...


all pureed up.  it kinda looks like...yea, you're thinking it...don't say it!!!!  


chris whispered in my ear, "this reminds me of bl**d".  ohhh ohhhhhh, i'll give you some bl**d mister.  i just can't type it...i loved it and he made me so mad!!!!  he might have a small point though... 

did the kids like it?  ...well, not so much.  i guess this color was just a little harsh for this group of eye pansies.  nobody but me could put more than three spoonfuls down - i had two bowlfuls - YES!!!  the garlic bread saved the children - the kids were fine dipping it in and sopping it up.  chris couldn't even do that.  

monday fun day tip:  always always have yummy bread for those new soup ninnies in your life.

needless to say, only i will be getting an invitation to the schrute farm...HA!

for i'm an awesome human garbage disposal...much like my new friend dwight.


ps

speaking of the boob tube, you should definitely make this soup next time you watch true blood or the walking dead.  hurl.





2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear this recipe was a good one! I had beets coming out of my ears in my farm share last summer so the more beet recipes the better! I'll be ready this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to hear how you like it! it really is good and i know you're not a beet ninnie:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think....